We headed up to Alaska last week to meet our newest little cousin, baby Jordan.

He is the cutest little guy. I can't believe that Sammy used to be that small! I can hardly remember those first months, everything is a total sleep deprived hormonal blur. Maybe that's why people have more kids -they don't remember how hard that time of life really is.

Sammy had a great time playing with his cousin Lila. She had him laughing up a storm. His laugh is so cute and neurotic. It almost sounds like he's fussing or choking -yet he's happy.
Life sure can change

in just a matter of months. Our lives were completely different just over a year ago. Now all I want to do is spend as much time as possible with my drooling, cooing, squirming, screeching, sleepy, grumpy, smiley kiddo. I hate when I have to go into work early and miss him in the afternoons.
Who knew there was so much to do during the day in Seattle with a baby. The theatres even open for mommy & me movies where the lights are up and the sound is down and they sell you concessions right in your seat. Plus my playgroup which meets once or twice a week for fun times and my support group of mamas of newborns where everyone is so resourceful. I may even be joining a preschool co-op one day a week.
I'm glad

Jake's such a great dad. I had no idea how he would like fatherhood since he'd never really interacted with little kids before Sammy, but he's amazing! I love to watch them play together. Jake watches him quite a bit and even feeds, changes, and puts him down without a single complaint. I, on the other hand, have had a number of parenting challenges. Yesterday I left the baby with the babysitter down the street and forgot to stock the diaper bag! The poor lady had to go to the grocery store with a screaming kid to pick up diapers and formula. I felt so horrible. How could I forget something so vital to my kids well-being. I hope she doesn't ignore my calls and never babysit for us again.


My kid is loving the whole eating thing. He grabs for the spoon, licks the bowl, and loves to hold his bottle all by himself. He's fighting for his independence already and only five months old! This could be a rough eighteen years.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home