
The cutest little boy on the planet was born the Sunday before last. (Okay, maybe he looks a little more like ET than an actual human, but I'm a bit biased.) He was born at 4:44 on May 5th after 17 very long hours.
I was told the average was 12 hours for a first kid so I guess I bumped it up a little. Oh well, I guess I didn't have to go over a whole day - and it wasn't really as bad as people made it out to be. It would have been a lot easier than everyone said it was if it hadn't been for the back pain. I apparently have a stubburn child who decided it would be fun to come out backwards.

We were a little surprised by the size of our baby. I'd measured small the whole pregnancy and the doctor had been a little worried about the baby's health. But he turned out to be a huge kid. He weighed in at 7lbs 9oz and was 20in long with a 14in head. I'm only 5ft and Jake's not above average so I don't know how we did it.
He didn't take to feeding right away and lost quite a bit of his initial baby weight, but after about a week he finally caught on. Thank goodness. I was getting worried - and sick and tired of the whole forced tube feedings.

Little Sammy arrived just over two weeks ago and since then my life has been a blur. My body is being used 24-7 yet I'm bored out of my mind. How in the world do people do this year after year, baby after baby? My mother went home and my husband is back at work. What in the world am I going to do with myself? I feel too tired to actually do anything, but I'm going to go crazy if I stay in the house too long. I wish it would stop raining.
1 Comments:
Hi Praise! Congratulations. You sound a little depressed. Do you want me to quit my job and school and come out there and help you? Anything for my little cousin.
Post a Comment
<< Home