A lot has happened since the last time I sat down and talked about our lives. Our little family has had a very
busy month of traveling, visiting, coping, and just plain housekeeping.
I just can't believe how big baby Sammy is. Can he really be two months old already? How have I survived the sleep deprivation, constant baby soothing, never-ending breastfeeding, AND taking care of a husband?

We've had a number of outings this month, and I have a sneaking suspicion that that has saved me. We spent a couple of days in Southern California visiting Jake's grandmother. She took us on a hike up this beautiful mountainside. First we rode a tram up about 8,000 feet. The
temperature dropped a wonderful 30 degrees and we wondered through actual trees and huge boulders, every once in a while catching an incredible view of the valley below.

A week later we headed over to Spokane for
Hoopfest. I've always enjoyed going downtown for the three-on-three games. We took Sammy, but the day got pretty long, noisy, and hot. I was pooped on and spit-up on
multiple times. He got way too warm and grumpy since shade was scarce on the pavement. Oh well. At least we started our little boy out on a great Northwest tradition.

Sammy met all sorts of new friends during our travels. The picture is of Hunter (4 mo) and Caleb (6 mo). Maybe they'll be their own
hoopfest team in a few years. One thing I never knew happened when you became a mother is all the little kids that run up to you and want to meet the baby. It's like they're fascinated by anything smaller than them. I think it's cute.

We of course had to head over to
Coeur d'Alene to visit the grandparents. Sammy looks so excited to see Grandma Kim. He was so spoiled. I staid a whole week and I don't think the kid ever got set down. I'm paying for it now '
cuz he seems to think I'm going to hold him 24-7 even though I'm back to being on my own. The last few days he's decided he doesn't like going to sleep either. Soon he'll learn to love visiting the grandparents
because he gets so spoiled.

Fourth of July. Sammy went to see his first parade and fireworks show. I don't think he was too impressed with either. The parade was
incredibly hot and the fireworks loud. But we have pictures and that's all that really matters.
So this month has been a busy one. Time just seems to fly by (Unless the baby's crying at 1am). I hope everyone who reads this is doing well and enjoying the beautiful summer months.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home